Skip to main content

Dams--Design and construction

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:

Congress for Appalachian Development: Gordon Ebersole Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: AppMs-74
Arrangement The collection includes maps, publications, and numerous photographs. Maps have been stored with the archives' map collection and photographs in the photographic storage area. Frequently used publications have been placed in the archives' vertical file for more immediate accessibility. Other publications remain with the collection.The addition contains material which falls within the following existing series/subseries: Subseries 1.3, Congress for Appalachian Development...
Dates: 1929-1977

East Tennessee Light and Power Company Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: AppMs-156
Arrangement The records contained no organizational charts for the companies, and the arrangement of the records did not appear to reflect the organization of the company. The records are divided into two subgroups: Subgroup 1, Financial Records; and Subgroup 2, Operating Records. Subgroup 1 contains six series including Series 1, Government Tax and Agency Files; Series 2, Subject Files (primarily budgets, legal contracts, account statements, and audits); Series 3 Marketing Files; Series 4,...
Dates: 1898-1945, 1950; Majority of material found within 1920 - 1945

Norris Dam Construction Photographs

 Collection — Box A (Small Photos): Series Series 1; Series Series 3; Series Series 1, Folder: 1
Identifier: AppMs-207
Scope and Contents The nine photographs depict the early construction of Norris Dam, the first of TVA's twenty dams built in the Tennessee River basin.In July 1933 the Board of Directors of the Tennessee Valley Authority named Cove Creek Dam "Norris Dam" in honor of Senator George Norris from Nebraska. Even before the construction of the dam began, a town of Norris was being planned and built. On October 1, 1933 work at the dam site began on the east bank of the Clinch River. Norris Dam was...
Dates: 1933-1936

William E. Ryan Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: AppMs-102
Arrangement

The collection is organized into four series: Series 1, Sewerage and Hydraulic Engineering Projects, 1958-1965; Series 2, Index of River and Harbor Projects, 1950-1964; Series 3, Pike Island Locks and Dam Project, 1960-1964; and Series 4, Maxwell Locks and Dam Project, 1959-1964.

Dates: 1956-1965