Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
The Elma Lillian Rankin Beeson Papers contain newspaper clippings, class record books, and photographs pertaining to her teaching career at East Tennessee State Normal School. Also included are extensive photographs, postcards and a diary of her 1913 trip to Europe. The papers also contain part of the Rankin family history and several certificates and awards resulting from Beeson's activities involving Tusculum College and various ladies civic clubs.
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1978 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbook, 1978; Series 3, Audio-Visual Recordings, 1978; Series 4, Newspaper Negative Sheets, 1978; and Series 5, Photographs, 1978.
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Records document operations of the department, especially regarding areas of instruction in home economics and activities of the department’s student organization, the Student Member Section of the Tennessee Home Economics Association and American Home Economics Association.
The collection is divided into the following series: Series 1, Graduate School Coursework, 1939-49; Series 2, Office Files, 1949-79; Series 3, Teaching, 1949-88; Series 4, Research, 1949-89; Series 5, A University's Story, 1911-1980; Series 6, Professional Service, 1949-88; and Series 7, Other Materials, 1941-92.
The Ladye Kate Ottinger Memorabilia consists of an autograph album with entries dated between 1928 and 1930 and an annotated copy of The Chalk Line Senior Edition, 1936.
The records are arranged in files alphabetically by subject. Where multiple files for the same heading are found to be arranged in reverse chronological order, this indicates the original order maintained by the office. Oversized items are housed at the end of the collection.
The Eleanor Robertson Scates Tape is one 90 minute audiocassette of an interview conducted with her by Edwin Greninger, department of history, East Tennessee State University. The interview focuses on discussion of her travels, her experiences as a teacher, and her interaction with and opinions of former East Tennessee State Presidents Charles C. Sherrod and Burgin Dossett.
The collection is divided into four series: Series 1, Committee Correspondence and Minutes, 1984-1987; Series 2, Subject Files and Action Plans, 1984-1986; Series 3, Publications, 1985-1986; and Series 4, Audio and Videotapes, 1986.
The addition is arranged alphabetically by topic in one series, Subject Files.
The Sidewalks and Porch Swings Oral History Project consists of eight audiocassette recordings of oral history interviews with residents, tape logs summarizing the interviews, data sheets on individuals interviewed, release forms, newspaper clippings, a photograph, and a newsletter of the Southside Neighborhood Organization which document the history of the "Tree Streets" neighborhood and residents in Johnson City, Tennessee.
- Subject: East Tennessee State University -- History X
- Publications (document genre) 9
- Corporation records 7
- Personal papers 5
- Photographs 5
- Baccalaureate addresses -- East Tennessee State University 2
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 2
- Deeds 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- American literature -- Southern States -- History and criticism 1
- Appalachians (People) in literature 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College athletes 1
- Dwellings -- Tennessee -- Washington County 1
- East Tennessee State University -- Presidents 1
- Education -- Congresses 1
- Education -- Societies, etc. 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Greek letter societies 1 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993 3
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty 3
- East Tennessee State University--Students 3
- DeRosier, Arthur H. 2
- East Tennessee State College. Training School 2
- East Tennessee State Normal School 2
- East Tennessee State University--Finance 2
- East Tennessee State University--Sports 2
- Gilbreath, Sidney G. (Sidney Gordon), 1869-1961 2
- Sherrod, Charles C. 2
- Tusculum College 2
- Williams, Frank Broyles, 1913- 2
- Alther, Lisa 1
- Austin Peay State College 1
- Baxter, Franklin P., 1853-1927 1
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 1
- Beeson, Elma Lillian Rankin, 1889-1979 1
- Blaustein, Richard 1
- Blevins, James 1
- Carnegie Iron Company 1 + ∧ less