Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1975-1983 and undated, and Series 2, Publications, 1977-1983.
The interviews are arranged alphabetically by interviewee name or subject.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by title of publication or title of article.
These papers are unprocessed. Please contact the Archives of Appalachia for access information.
The collection consists of recordings of interviews conducted by Gunter's students in connection with his courses on social geography. The interview subjects are primarily from East Tennessee and often discuss topics of regional interest such as music, farm life, coal mining, and foodways. The collection also includes dub sheets for the first eight tapes, partial transcripts of tapes 2, 5 and 6, and summaries of interviews.
The collection is arranged into three series. Series 1, Personal Papers, 1975-1982; Series 2, Professional Papers, 1976-1994; Series 3, Audio Cassettes, undated.
The papers of Paul J. Kaufman consist of speeches and legal documents that reflect his involvement in environmental issues and development of Southern Appalachia, especially West Virginia.
The Cecil Rose collection includes writings by Rose, clippings from magazines and newspapers, and photographs primarily on Southwest Virginia and West Virginia history. Among the subjects covered in the collection are local feuds, mining, and lawmen and outlaws. The five black and white 5" x 7" photographs are copies which have been placed in the appropriate subject file.
- Subject: Coal mines and mining X
- Coal mines and mining 15
- Personal papers 8
- Photographs 7
- Publications (document genre) 6
- Coal mines and mining -- Appalachian Region 5
- Corporation records 5
- Women coal miners 5
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Economic conditions 4
- Labor unions 3
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- Negatives (photographic) 3
- Tourism 3
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social conditions 2
- Audiotapes 2
- Bluegrass music 2
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 2
- Blues (Music) 2
- Coal miners 2
- Coal mines and mining -- Safety measures 2
- Coal mines and mining -- Virginia 2 ∧ less
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 4
- Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.) 4
- Coal Employment Project 3
- Appalachian Alliance 2
- Appalachian Power Company 2
- Appalachian Regional Commission 2
- Austin, Richard Cartwright, 1934- 2
- Clark, Mike 2
- Clinchfield Railroad 2
- Commission on Religion in Appalachia 2
- Hechler, Ken, 1914-2016 2
- Horton, Myles, 1905-1990 2
- Kaufman, Paul J., 1920-1980 2
- Sarah Ogan Gunning, 1910-1983 2
- United Mine Workers of America 2
- Altapass Inn Company 1
- Altizer, Noah 1
- Appalachian Institute 1
- Appalachian Land Ownership Task Force 1
- Appalachian Volunteers 1 ∧ less