Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection consists of color slides, photographs, negatives, and a videotape relating to railroading. Major subjects are East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad, narrow and standard gauge (Johnson City and Elizabethton, Tenn.); Norfolk and Western Railroad (Bristol, Va., to West Jefferson, N. C.); Southern Pacific Railway (San Luis Obispo, Ca., and environs); and Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad (Cass and Ronceverte, W. Va.).
Material is filed in alphabetical order by subject.
The Kenny Fannon Photograph Collection consists of copy prints of photographs of the trains and scenery along the Interstate Railroad and Southern Railway in Southwest Virginia as well as images of people, especially school groups. Thirty of the images were originally photographed with a panoramic camera. According to Fannon, the panoramas were made by a photographer surnamed Jenkins who was active circa 1920 to 1940. The other images appear to be from various sources.
The Lester Moore documents consist of a single file folder of photocopies of newsclippings about Henry Johnson and the founding of Johnson City.
The collection consists of nine oversized maps of proposed construction projects for the city of Johnson City. The maps depict the planning of subdivisions, water and sewage line construction, proposed property annexation, the building of (Old) Science Hill High School, and the layout of railroad track through Johnson City.
Boxes 1 and 2 contain correspondence, inventories, purchase contracts, and reports; Boxes 3 and 4 encompass blueprints of telephone poles and lines; and the oversized blueprints and maps are stored in map cabinets by accession number.
- Names: Southern Railway (U.S.) X
- Photographs 5
- Publications (document genre) 4
- Corporation records 3
- Maps 3
- Negatives (photographic) 3
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 2
- Electric power distribution -- Tennessee, East 2
- Electric power production -- Tennessee 2
- Electric utilities -- Tennessee 2
- Flood control 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History 2
- Railroads 2
- Railroads--Tennessee--Johnson City 2
- Rural electrification 2
- Science Hill High School (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Slides (photographs) 2
- Watauga River (N.C. and Tenn.) 2
- Andrew Johnson National Historic Site (Greenville, Tenn.) 1
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- Tennessee 1
- Appalachia (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 7
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 6
- Cass Scenic Railroad 2
- East Tennessee Light and Power Company 2
- East Tennessee State Normal School 2
- Science Hill Male and Female Institute (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Tennessee Eastern Electric Company 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority 2
- Anderson, John Fain, 1844-1929 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company 1
- Appalachian Hospital (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 1
- Bluff City Electric Light and Power Company 1
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820 1
- Brading-Rhea Lumber Company- Johnson City 1
- Bristol Gas and Electric Company 1
- Burleson, David Sinclair, 1871-1953 1
- Butler Light and Power Company 1
- Butterworth, R. I. 1 ∧ less