Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Elma Lillian Rankin Beeson Papers contain newspaper clippings, class record books, and photographs pertaining to her teaching career at East Tennessee State Normal School. Also included are extensive photographs, postcards and a diary of her 1913 trip to Europe. The papers also contain part of the Rankin family history and several certificates and awards resulting from Beeson's activities involving Tusculum College and various ladies civic clubs.
The Nora C. Carter Papers consist of documents relating to her early teaching experience in East Tennessee.
The bulk of the Alta Elizabeth Pardue Keirn Papers consists of photographs from the early twentieth century, including numerous photographs taken at and near East Tennessee State Normal School where Keirn was a student from 1911-1914. The photographs mainly depict other students and school activities, such as sports and theater. There are also several documents, including a brief biographical sketch of Keirn by an unknown author.
The Nola and Robert Kemmer Collection consists of subject certificates and diplomas from East Tennessee State Normal School and East Tennessee State College. The diplomas and subject certificates were signed by Normal School President Sidney G. Gilbreath and Dean C. Hodge Mathes. Also included is a United States Food Administration Certificate signed by Gilbreath and by Herbert Hoover, United States Food Administrator; and a State of Tennessee, Department of Education certificate.
The Lester Moore documents consist of a single file folder of photocopies of newsclippings about Henry Johnson and the founding of Johnson City.
The pages of the first album were removed from the album cover and placed in original page order in folders. Loose photographs are grouped together in one folder. The second album was in good condition and remains intact.
- Names: East Tennessee State Normal School X
- Photographs 6
- Personal papers 3
- Publications (document genre) 3
- East Tennessee State University -- History 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History 2
- Andrew Johnson National Historic Site (Greenville, Tenn.) 1
- Architecture 1
- Baseball -- Tennessee -- Johnson City 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Cemeteries 1
- Church history -- Tennessee 1
- Cleveland (Tenn.) 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Clubs -- Tennessee -- Johnson City 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cranberry (N.C.) 1
- Deeds 1
- Diaries 1
- Drugstores -- Tennessee, East 1
- Dwellings -- Tennessee -- Washington County 1 ∧ less
- German 2
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 2
- Science Hill Male and Female Institute (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 2
- Tusculum College 2
- Anderson, John Fain, 1844-1929 1
- Appalachian Hospital (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Baxter, Franklin P., 1853-1927 1
- Beeson, Elma Lillian Rankin, 1889-1979 1
- Blevins, James 1
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820 1
- Brading-Rhea Lumber Company- Johnson City 1
- Burleson, David Sinclair, 1871-1953 1
- C. B. VonCanon Company- Johnson City 1
- Carnegie Iron Company 1
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 1
- Central Baptist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Chester Inn- Jonesboro, TN 1
- Christopher Taylor 1
- Citizens Bank (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less