Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The Joe Bethancourt Collection documents the musical career of Joe Bethancourt, "The Carolina Banjo Picker." The collection consists of a 3.5-inch computer diskette containing promotional information, three publicity photographs, and three audiocassettes published by White Tree Productions, Phoenix, Arizona: Naked Banjos, 1994; Who Fears the Devil?, 1994; and Old Red Cat, 1995.
The collection is arranged in five series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1855-2005 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1809-1992; and Series 3, Photographs and Photograph Scrapbooks, 1880-1985 and undated; Series 4, Postcards and Tobacco cards, 1907-1967 and undated; and Series 5, Recordings, 1996-2004 and undated.
This collection includes audio of student-conducted interviews with people involved in the communications field in the Tri-Cities area; student-authored biographical reports on people connected to East Tennessee State University; and photographs of campus, students, and faculty in the 1980s.
The collection is arranged in three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1890-2001 and undated, Boxes 1-2 and oversized folder 1; Series 2, Photographs, 2000 and undated, Box 3; and Series 3, Audio-Visual Recordings, 2000 and undated, Box 4.
The collection is arranged in series according to the subject matters pursued by Dr. Hoffman.
The collection consists of images scanned from photographs that belonged to former East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad conductor Cy Crumley. There are also printouts from the website "The Cy Crumley Scrapbook” created by Ken Riddle. The images were also used in the book Cy Crumley's Tweetsie: Ninety Years on the Narrow Gauge, compiled by Kenneth Riddle.
- Personal papers 7
- Negatives (photographic) 5
- Publications (document genre) 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Slides (photographs) 4
- Audiocassettes 3
- Corporation records 3
- Phonograph records 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History 2
- Memorabilia 2
- Unicoi County (Tenn.) 2
- Vardy (Tenn.)--Social life and customs 2
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- Banjo music 1
- Bluegrass music 1
- Bluegrass musicians 1 ∧ less
- Antietam (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Appleby, Monica, 1937- 1
- Bethancourt, Joe 1
- Birthplace of Country Music Alliance (BCMA) 1
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820 1
- Catholic Church--Appalachian Region 1
- Cirillo, Marie, 1929- 1
- Clinch River Educational Center (Abingdon, Va.) 1
- Crockett, Davy, 1786-1836 1
- Crumley, Cy (Charles Grover), 1886-1978 1
- Dugan, James T. 1
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 1
- East Tennessee State University 1
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings 1
- East Tennessee State University. College of Medicine 1
- East Tennessee State University. Department of Communication 1
- Federation of Communities in Service 1
- Glenmary Sisters--History 1
- Gregg, Margaret, 1940- 1
- Hancock County High School 1 ∧ less