Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
The materials are arranged by alphabetically by topic.
Material is organized as a single series and is arranged first alphabetically by subject or material type and then chronologically with undated material following dated material.
The Gray Family Papers consist of deeds, financial records, photographs and tintypes, a recipe ledger, and miscellaneous printed matter documenting activities of J. S. Gray and family, 1894-1930.
The Harrison and Walker Family Land Documents contain trust deeds, warranty deeds, rental contracts, land surveys, a receipt, and water easement deeds documenting the purchase and sale of land between the Harrison and Walker families between 1876 and 1967.
The material is arranged into three series: Series 1 Historical Papers-Photocopies and Research Notes, 1777-1981; Series 2, Historical Papers, 1821-1987; and Series 3, Scrapbook Materials, 1789-1975.
The John Wesley Garland Papers consist of photocopies of correspondence, bonds, a will, a broadside, military orders, contracts, affidavits, and a Congressional report that were acquired by John W. Garland and his family between 1849 and 1889.
The Dorman E. Tucker Collection consists primarily of 19th century East Tennessee legal documents (including deeds and land grant records), family history, and miscellaneous papers of ancestral families of Tucker, including the Garst and Nave families. The collection includes the only known document with Henry Johnson’s signature. Henry Johnson was the founder and namesake of Johnson City, Tenn.
The collection is arranged in the following series: Series 1, Maps, 1863-1988; Series 2, Printed Materials and Memorabilia, 1860-1958; Series 3, Legal and Financial Papers, 1783-1965; and Series 4, Photographs and Postcards, 1903-1980s.
- Photographs 5
- Maps 4
- Corporation records 3
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- Publications (document genre) 3
- Contracts--Tennessee 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Abingdon (Va.) -- History 1
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture--Tennessee, East 1
- Asheville (N.C.) 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Bristol (Tenn.) 1
- Carter County (Tenn.) 1
- Cemeteries -- Tennessee 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Clergy -- Tennessee, East 1
- Clergy -- Virginia, Southwest 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Aronhime, Gordon, 1911-1983 1
- Barkley family 1
- Barkley, Daniel B. 1
- Baxter, Carlene 1
- Baxter, Franklin P., 1853-1927 1
- Bayless family 1
- Beals family 1
- Beals, James F. 1
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 1
- Blevins, James 1
- Brabson family 1
- Brabson, Alexander W. 1
- Brooks, Ebenezer, 1757 or 8-1799 1
- Butler, Roderick R. (Roderick Randum), 1827-1902 1
- Campbell, David, 1779-1859 1
- Carnegie Iron Company 1
- Cherokee Flooring Corporation (Burlington, N.C.) 1
- Citizens Bank (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Conour, Eva Stanley Harris 1
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 1 ∧ less