Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
The Appalachian Writers Association Records contain financial and administrative records, correspondence, board meeting minutes, newsletters, conference materials, and membership information. The majority of the files were collected by Patricia Shirley, the AWA’s recording secretary. The collection also includes poetry, short stories, and essays that had been submitted for AWA contests.
The collection covers the period of 1980-1999 and includes some undated material.
The collection is organized into five series: Series 1, Office Records of the Engineering Department, 1908-1967; Series 2, Publications, 1909-1968; Series 3, Correspondence, 1909-1978; Series 4, Speeches, 1962-1964; and Series 5, Minutes of the ICC Hearing on Valuation of the Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway, October 28, 1926.
The Harold E. Hopkins Papers consist of booklets related to piloting an aircraft, a pilot log book; his college diploma and other material related to Hopkins’ schooling at East Tennessee State College; documents related to his military service; newspaper clippings (mostly related to his time at ETSC); a map; and miscellaneous items. The collection provides background and insight into Hopkins life and teaching career.
The material is arranged alphabetically by title. The videotape and oversized photograph display have been stored separately.
The collection is divided into two series: Series 1, Scrapbooks, 1939-77; and Series 2, Other Materials, 1914-81 and undated.
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Office Files, 1924-2002 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1934-2002 and undated; Series 3, Historical Newspapers, 1889-2002; Series 4, Memorabilia, c. 1930s-2000 and undated; and Series 5, Negatives and Photographs, 1894-c. 1990 and undated.
The collection is arranged in three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1842-1997 and undated; Series 2, Recordings, 1994 and undated; and Series 3, Photographs, 1942-1970 and undated.
The collection is arranged in two series, as follows, Series 1, Subject Files, 1903-1988 and undated and Series 2, Photographs, c. 1940s-c. 1960s. Oversized documents have been placed in a map folder and stored in the map cabinets by accession number.
The collection is arranged in the following series: Series 1, Maps, 1863-1988; Series 2, Printed Materials and Memorabilia, 1860-1958; Series 3, Legal and Financial Papers, 1783-1965; and Series 4, Photographs and Postcards, 1903-1980s.
The collection is arranged into five series. Series 1: Personal Papers. Series 2: Professional Papers. Series 3: Photographs. Series 4: Audio Material. Series 5: Oversize Materials. The items are arranged alphabetically by subject title within the series.
- Photographs 13
- Ledgers (account books) 8
- Corporation records 7
- Scrapbooks 6
- Negatives (photographic) 5
- Deeds 3
- Franklin (State) 3
- Slides (photographs) 3
- Tennessee--Politics and government 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Agriculture--Tennessee, East 2
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 2
- Cherokee Indians 2
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Railroads 2
- Tennessee, East--Genealogy 2 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 3
- East Tennessee State University 3
- Sevier, John, 1745-1815 3
- Taylor, Robert Love, 1850-1912 3
- Blount, William, 1749-1800 2
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 2
- Daughters of the American Revolution 2
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 2
- East Tennessee State University. College of Medicine 2
- Greeneville College 2
- Tusculum College 2
- Acker Black Walnut Corporation 1
- Acker family 1
- Acker, Ernest D. (Ernest Daniel), 1913-1983 1
- Alderman family 1
- Alderman, Amariah Biggs, 1819-1889 1
- Alderman, Pat 1
- Allison, John, 1845-1920 1
- American Cigar Box Lumber Company 1
- American Newspaper Publishers Association 1 + ∧ less