Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Elma Lillian Rankin Beeson Papers
The Elma Lillian Rankin Beeson Papers contain newspaper clippings, class record books, and photographs pertaining to her teaching career at East Tennessee State Normal School. Also included are extensive photographs, postcards and a diary of her 1913 trip to Europe. The papers also contain part of the Rankin family history and several certificates and awards resulting from Beeson's activities involving Tusculum College and various ladies civic clubs.
David Sinclair Burleson Papers
The David Sinclar Burleson Papers consist of correspondence, course notes, speeches, personal financial records, and miscellaneous printed matter documenting Burleson's personal life and his experience as an educator.
Ella V. Ross and May Ross McDowell Papers
The collection is organized into three subgroups, as follows: Subgroup 1: Ella V. Ross Papers, 1920-1990 and undated; Subgroup 2: May Ross McDowell Papers, 1915-1988 and undated; and Subgroup 3: Audio-Visual Materials, c. 1910-1987 and undated.
Frederick S. Heiskell Papers
The papers are arranged into two series: Series 1, Papers of Frederick S. Heiskell, 1810-1882, and Series 2, Scrapbooks, c. 1789-1882.
Harold E. Hopkins Papers
The Harold E. Hopkins Papers consist of booklets related to piloting an aircraft, a pilot log book; his college diploma and other material related to Hopkins’ schooling at East Tennessee State College; documents related to his military service; newspaper clippings (mostly related to his time at ETSC); a map; and miscellaneous items. The collection provides background and insight into Hopkins life and teaching career.
Joe Jennings and Aubry Faulkner Jennings Papers
This collection includes personal correspondence, diaries, poems, essays and private writings, education, employment, and military records, household ersonal business records, genealogy material, photographs & negatives, and newspaper clippings. The collection documents the Jennings' activities primarily between 1917 and 1967.
Johnson City Foundry Site Development Project Collection
The material is arranged alphabetically by title. The videotape and oversized photograph display have been stored separately.
Carl A. Jones Papers
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Office Files, 1924-2002 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1934-2002 and undated; Series 3, Historical Newspapers, 1889-2002; Series 4, Memorabilia, c. 1930s-2000 and undated; and Series 5, Negatives and Photographs, 1894-c. 1990 and undated.
Ray Stahl Papers
The collection consists of Ray Stahl's research materials regarding Johnson City history, events, and historic figures. Documentation includes collected articles, research notes, correspondence, speeches, writings, newsclippings, and photographs.
Veterans History Project
The interviews are divided into series by the institution that conducted the interviews and the dates of the interviews.
- Photographs 7
- Publications (document genre) 7
- Scrapbooks 4
- Maps 3
- Negatives (photographic) 3
- Correspondence 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Politics and government 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Manuscripts (document genre) 2
- Newspaper publishing--Tennessee, East 2
- Research notes 2
- Tennessee--Politics and government 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Abolitionists -- United States 1
- Admission tickets 1
- Aeronautics -- Tennessee 1
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- Agricultural prices 1
- Agricultural productivity -- Tennessee, East 1 + ∧ less
- Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works, Inc. 2
- McDowell, George H. (George Howard), 1898-1970 2
- American Newspaper Publishers Association 1
- Appalachian League 1
- Atkins, Talmadge W. 1
- Beeson, Elma Lillian Rankin, 1889-1979 1
- Bell, John, 1797-1869 1
- Blount, William, 1749-1800 1
- Brownlow, William Gannaway, 1805-1877 1
- Burleson, David Sinclair, 1871-1953 1
- Business and Professional Women’s Clubs, Inc. 1
- Carowan, Jeffrey P. 1
- Central Baptist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Council of the Southern Mountains 1
- Dixie Coca-Cola Bottling Company 1
- East Tennessee State Normal School 1
- East Tennessee State University. Department of Technology 1
- East Tennessee and Georgia Railroad Company 1
- Ebenezar Presbyterian Church (Knox County, Tenn.) 1 + ∧ less