Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Elma Lillian Rankin Beeson Papers contain newspaper clippings, class record books, and photographs pertaining to her teaching career at East Tennessee State Normal School. Also included are extensive photographs, postcards and a diary of her 1913 trip to Europe. The papers also contain part of the Rankin family history and several certificates and awards resulting from Beeson's activities involving Tusculum College and various ladies civic clubs.
The David Sinclar Burleson Papers consist of correspondence, course notes, speeches, personal financial records, and miscellaneous printed matter documenting Burleson's personal life and his experience as an educator.
The collection is organized into three subgroups, as follows: Subgroup 1: Ella V. Ross Papers, 1920-1990 and undated; Subgroup 2: May Ross McDowell Papers, 1915-1988 and undated; and Subgroup 3: Audio-Visual Materials, c. 1910-1987 and undated.
The papers are arranged into two series: Series 1, Papers of Frederick S. Heiskell, 1810-1882, and Series 2, Scrapbooks, c. 1789-1882.
The collection is arranged as one series in alphabetical order by subject heading.
This collection includes personal correspondence, diaries, poems, essays and private writings, education, employment, and military records, household ersonal business records, genealogy material, photographs & negatives, and newspaper clippings. The collection documents the Jennings' activities primarily between 1917 and 1967.
The material is arranged alphabetically by title. The videotape and oversized photograph display have been stored separately.
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Office Files, 1924-2002 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1934-2002 and undated; Series 3, Historical Newspapers, 1889-2002; Series 4, Memorabilia, c. 1930s-2000 and undated; and Series 5, Negatives and Photographs, 1894-c. 1990 and undated.
The collection consists of Ray Stahl's research materials regarding Johnson City history, events, and historic figures. Documentation includes collected articles, research notes, correspondence, speeches, writings, newsclippings, and photographs.
- Photographs 7
- Publications (document genre) 7
- Scrapbooks 4
- Maps 3
- Negatives (photographic) 3
- Correspondence 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Politics and government 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Manuscripts (document genre) 2
- Newspaper publishing--Tennessee, East 2
- Research notes 2
- Tennessee--Politics and government 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Abolitionists -- United States 1
- Admission tickets 1
- Aeronautics -- Tennessee 1
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- Agricultural prices 1
- Agricultural productivity -- Tennessee, East 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works, Inc. 2
- McDowell, George H. (George Howard), 1898-1970 2
- American Newspaper Publishers Association 1
- Appalachian League 1
- Atkins, Talmadge W. 1
- Beeson, Elma Lillian Rankin, 1889-1979 1
- Bell, John, 1797-1869 1
- Blount, William, 1749-1800 1
- Brownlow, William Gannaway, 1805-1877 1
- Burleson, David Sinclair, 1871-1953 1
- Business and Professional Women’s Clubs, Inc. 1
- Carowan, Jeffrey P. 1
- Central Baptist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) 1
- Council of the Southern Mountains 1
- Dixie Coca-Cola Bottling Company 1
- East Tennessee State Normal School 1
- East Tennessee State University. Department of Technology 1
- East Tennessee and Georgia Railroad Company 1
- Ebenezar Presbyterian Church (Knox County, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less