Showing Collections: 31 - 46 of 46
This collection includes personal correspondence, diaries, poems, essays and private writings, education, employment, and military records, household ersonal business records, genealogy material, photographs & negatives, and newspaper clippings. The collection documents the Jennings' activities primarily between 1917 and 1967.
The material is arranged alphabetically by title. The videotape and oversized photograph display have been stored separately.
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Office Files, 1924-2002 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1934-2002 and undated; Series 3, Historical Newspapers, 1889-2002; Series 4, Memorabilia, c. 1930s-2000 and undated; and Series 5, Negatives and Photographs, 1894-c. 1990 and undated.
The collection is organized into two series: Series 1, 5" x 7" negatives and prints; and Series 2, 4" x 5" negatives and prints. The negatives have been placed before the prints. Nitrate negatives have been placed in Box 3, and damaged cellulose diacetate negatives in Box 4.
The collection is divided into three series according to document type as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1790-2000 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1849-1941 and undated; Series 3, Photographs, 1880-1974, and undated.
This collection includes seven photographs and one tintype of Shoun family members. The individual prints are not dated, but it is believed the images date from 1880-1910.
The photographs in this collection depict a number of subjects, including World War II, Appalachian landscapes, events, individuals, and buildings at ETSU, and portraits.
The collection has two series.
The Jack Underwood Photograph Collection consists of seven 35mm copy negative strips, a contact sheet, and photocopies of 16 black and white photographs documenting operations of the Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway and other Appalachian railroads, including scenes of engines, bridges, workers, and derailments.
- Subject: Negatives (photographic) X
- Photographs 42
- Personal papers 20
- Publications (document genre) 17
- Corporation records 11
- Slides (photographs) 11
- Maps 8
- Ledgers (account books) 7
- Scrapbooks 6
- Church history -- Tennessee 5
- Compact discs 5
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History 5
- Baseball -- Tennessee -- Johnson City 3
- Cherokee Indians 3
- Children -- Appalachian Region 3
- Correspondence 3
- Funeral rites and ceremonies 3
- Genealogies (histories) 3
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Social life and customs 3
- Logging 3 + ∧ less
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 7
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 6
- East Tennessee State University 4
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 4
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820 3
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings 3
- East Tennessee State University--Sports 3
- Rotary Club (Johnson City, Tenn.) 3
- Sevier, John, 1745-1815 3
- Veterans Administration Center (Johnson City, Tenn.) 3
- Washington College (Washington County, Tenn.) 3
- Bean, William, 1721-1782 2
- Culp, Delos Poe 2
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993 2
- East Tennessee State University--Alumni and alumnae 2
- East Tennessee State University--Bands 2
- East Tennessee State University--Societies, etc. 2
- East Tennessee State University--Students 2
- Jennings, Aubry Faulkner 2
- Jennings, Joe 2 + ∧ less