Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
The collection is arranged in five series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1855-2005 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1809-1992; and Series 3, Photographs and Photograph Scrapbooks, 1880-1985 and undated; Series 4, Postcards and Tobacco cards, 1907-1967 and undated; and Series 5, Recordings, 1996-2004 and undated.
The Maxwell photographs are divided into two series: Series 1, Negatives, and Series 2, Prints. Additional unprocessed materials are available. Please contact us for information about these materials.
The collection is arranged in three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1890-2001 and undated, Boxes 1-2 and oversized folder 1; Series 2, Photographs, 2000 and undated, Box 3; and Series 3, Audio-Visual Recordings, 2000 and undated, Box 4.
The Eileen Williams Collection consists of newspaper clippings and other types of materials which document Southern Appalachian history, ca. 1885-1990. Especially prominent is the history of the city of Kingsport, Tennessee, and of Sullivan County, Tennessee.
The collection is organized into three subgroups, as follows: Subgroup 1: Ella V. Ross Papers, 1920-1990 and undated; Subgroup 2: May Ross McDowell Papers, 1915-1988 and undated; and Subgroup 3: Audio-Visual Materials, c. 1910-1987 and undated.
The collection is divided into nine series: Series 1, Miscellaneous Ledgers and Journals, 1902-1972; Series 2, Shop Orders, 1946-1982; Series 3, Purchase Invoices, 1975-1983; Series 4, General Accounting Ledgers, 1930-1956; Series 5, Union Contracts and Bills of Lading, 1957-1984; Series 6, Company Documents; Series 7, Photographs; and Series 8, Oversize.
The Johnson City Rezoning Collection consists of newspaper clippings, property surveys (blueprint and transparency copies), and a photograph of the Sears department store related to the 1965-1966 rezoning of Roan Street property in Johnson City, Tennessee.
The collection is divided into two series: Series 1, Scrapbooks, 1939-77; and Series 2, Other Materials, 1914-81 and undated.
The Lester Moore documents consist of a single file folder of photocopies of newsclippings about Henry Johnson and the founding of Johnson City.
The London's Hardware Company material consists of photocopies of newspaper advertisements from 1930-1969 and 8 x 10 inch black-and-white photographs of the store, most of which depict the interior of the store and its merchandise and layout.
The collection is arranged in two series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1905-1955 and undated; and Series 2, Business Ledgers and Miscellaneous Publications, 1886-1925 and undated.
Photocopies of genealogical notes. Most of the collection was compiled during 1967 through 1969 by Mrs. Miller, with the assistance of other members of the family.
The Anne Newton Collection consists of the following: correspondence between Newton and donors of photographs; black and white photographic prints; and notes taken by Newton on the prints. Most of the prints depict early Johnson City schools and their classes. Photographs are copies of originals which date from 1910-38. The correspondence and notes date from 1987.
The collection is arranged into three series, as follows: Series I, Office Files, 1912-2010 and undated, Boxes 1-13; Series II, Cemetery Plot Index Card Files, undated, Boxes 14-15; and Series III, Photographs, 1970-1984 and undated, 1 folder in Small Photograph Collection Box 8.
The collection is arranged in five series: Series 1, Correspondence, 1990-91; Series 2, Publications, 1986-91; Series 3, Research Files, 1916-91 and undated; Series 4, Writings, c. 1988-1992 and undated; and Series 5, Oral History Interviews, 1986-1990 and undated.
The collection is divided into three series according to document type as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1790-2000 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1849-1941 and undated; Series 3, Photographs, 1880-1974, and undated.
The Sidewalks and Porch Swings Oral History Project consists of eight audiocassette recordings of oral history interviews with residents, tape logs summarizing the interviews, data sheets on individuals interviewed, release forms, newspaper clippings, a photograph, and a newsletter of the Southside Neighborhood Organization which document the history of the "Tree Streets" neighborhood and residents in Johnson City, Tennessee.
The Dorman E. Tucker Collection consists primarily of 19th century East Tennessee legal documents (including deeds and land grant records), family history, and miscellaneous papers of ancestral families of Tucker, including the Garst and Nave families. The collection includes the only known document with Henry Johnson’s signature. Henry Johnson was the founder and namesake of Johnson City, Tenn.
- Subject: Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History X
- Personal papers 14
- Photographs 14
- Publications (document genre) 14
- Church history -- Tennessee 5
- Negatives (photographic) 5
- Schools--Tennessee--Johnson City 5
- Corporation records 4
- Science Hill High School (Johnson City, Tenn.) 4
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 3
- Fire departments -- Tennessee -- Johnson City 3
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- Commerce 3
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Politics and government 3
- Ledgers (account books) 3
- Maps 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Streets--Tennessee--Johnson City 3
- Washington County (Tenn.)--History 3
- World War, 1914-1918 3
- Baseball -- Tennessee -- Johnson City 2 ∧ less
- Carolina, Clinchfield and Ohio Railway 3
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad 3
- Johnson City Foundry and Machine Works, Inc. 3
- Range Family 3
- Central Baptist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Columbus Powell School (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- East Tennessee State College 2
- East Tennessee State Normal School 2
- Harris Manufacturing Company (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- John Sevier Center (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Johnson, Henry, 1809-1874 2
- Lyle, Cyrus H., b. 1863 2
- Martha Wilder School (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Maxwell, Clifford A. (Clifford Arthur), 1906-1986 2
- Mayne Williams Library (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- McDowell, George H. (George Howard), 1898-1970 2
- McDowell, May Ross, 1898-1988 2
- Miller family 2
- Munsey Memorial United Methodist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2
- Rotary Club (Johnson City, Tenn.) 2 ∧ less