Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The Joe Bethancourt Collection documents the musical career of Joe Bethancourt, "The Carolina Banjo Picker." The collection consists of a 3.5-inch computer diskette containing promotional information, three publicity photographs, and three audiocassettes published by White Tree Productions, Phoenix, Arizona: Naked Banjos, 1994; Who Fears the Devil?, 1994; and Old Red Cat, 1995.
The collection is arranged in five series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1855-2005 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1809-1992; and Series 3, Photographs and Photograph Scrapbooks, 1880-1985 and undated; Series 4, Postcards and Tobacco cards, 1907-1967 and undated; and Series 5, Recordings, 1996-2004 and undated.
This collection includes audio of student-conducted interviews with people involved in the communications field in the Tri-Cities area; student-authored biographical reports on people connected to East Tennessee State University; and photographs of campus, students, and faculty in the 1980s.
The collection is arranged in three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1890-2001 and undated, Boxes 1-2 and oversized folder 1; Series 2, Photographs, 2000 and undated, Box 3; and Series 3, Audio-Visual Recordings, 2000 and undated, Box 4.
The collection is arranged in series according to the subject matters pursued by Dr. Hoffman.
The collection is organized into three series, as follows: Series 1, Diary, 1836-1838 and undated; Series 2, Lecture Notes and Sermons, 1842-1875 and undated; and Series 3, Oversized Material, c. 2005.
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1793-1996 and undated, and Series 2, Audio-Visual Materials, 1920-1961 and undated.
The collection consists of images scanned from photographs that belonged to former East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad conductor Cy Crumley. There are also printouts from the website "The Cy Crumley Scrapbook” created by Ken Riddle. The images were also used in the book Cy Crumley's Tweetsie: Ninety Years on the Narrow Gauge, compiled by Kenneth Riddle.
The interviews are divided into series by the institution that conducted the interviews and the dates of the interviews.
- Subject: Compact discs X
- Photographs 11
- Personal papers 10
- Publications (document genre) 6
- Scrapbooks 6
- Negatives (photographic) 5
- Phonograph records 5
- Slides (photographs) 4
- Audiocassettes 3
- Corporation records 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Memorabilia 2
- Unicoi County (Tenn.) 2
- Vardy (Tenn.)--Social life and customs 2
- Afghan War, 2001- 1
- Amusement parks 1
- Banjo music 1 ∧ less
- Quillen, James H. (James Henry), 1916-2003 2
- Antietam (Aircraft carrier) 1
- Appleby, Monica, 1937- 1
- Atwater, H. Cowles (Horace Cowles), 1819-1879 1
- Bethancourt, Joe 1
- Birthplace of Country Music Alliance (BCMA) 1
- Boone, Daniel, 1734-1820 1
- Brooks, J. E. 1
- Burchfield family 1
- Carter Family (Musical group) 1
- Carter, A. P. (Alvin Pleasant), 1891-1960 1
- Carter, Maybelle, 1909-1978 1
- Carter, Sara, 1899-1979 1
- Catholic Church--Appalachian Region 1
- Cirillo, Marie, 1929- 1
- Clinch River Educational Center (Abingdon, Va.) 1
- Crockett, Davy, 1786-1836 1
- Crumley, Cy (Charles Grover), 1886-1978 1
- DeVault, Margaret Hyder, 1910-1990 1
- Dugan, James T. 1 ∧ less