Mae Walker Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
The photographs consist of the following: one photo of Martha Wilder Public School, Johnson City 1913 or 1914; one photo of Mae Walker at Princeton School in 1915; one photo of Governor Robert L. Taylor speaking on July 4 at Sycamore Shoals, Elizabethton, Tennessee; one photo of the cornerstone ceremony at Mayne Williams Public Library, Johnson City, Tennessee; two photos of "Mikado" casts; one photo of Southern Railroad Passenger Station, Johnson City, Tennessee; and 12 photos of the Mountain Home (Veterans Administration Center) facility, Johnson City, Tennessee.
- 1913-1931, undated
- Walker, Samuel Brown (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Mae Walker donated 17 photographs to Sherrod Library in 1971. In 1979, sometime after the photographs were transferred to the Archives of Appalachia, the university made copies of some and returned some originals to Ms. Walker. Fourteen unique images remain (10 orginals, 4 copies).
Georgia Greer processed the photographs in August 1989.
- Taylor, Robert Love, 1850-1912
- Martha Wilder School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Mayne Williams Library (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Princeton School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Southern Railway Passenger Station (Johnson City, Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Veterans Administration Center (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Language of description
- Script of description