Erwin Citizens Awareness Network (ECAN) Records
Scope and Contents
Public information on Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. and the Swedish waste processor Studsvik, Inc. gathered by Erwin Citizens Awareness Network (ECAN) as part of the group's watchdog activities. While the primary focus of the documents is the uranium downblending facility in Erwin, Tennessee, the collection also includes materials on similar facilities elsewhere.
- 1957 - 2015
- Erwin Citizens Awareness Network (Erwin, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
9 linear feet
Language of Materials
Boxes 1-9 of this collection contain binders with accompanying summary sheets organized by ECAN member Barbara O'Neal. The archives did not alter the arrangement, though binder summaries have been shortened for this finding aid.
Jen Bingham completed initial processing of this collection in June 2019. The donor used a system of storage and organization that included plastic sleeves and sticky notes; these were left in place.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Environmental health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Environmental protection--Appalachian Region Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc
- Pollution -- Tennessee -- Erwin Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radioactive pollution Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water -- Pollution Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description