Anne W. Armstrong Typescript: Of Time and Knoxville
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents
The Anne W. Armstrong Collection contains a copy of a typescript of an unpublished manuscript entitled "Of Time and Knoxville, Fragment of an Autobiography" written by Armstrong. The manuscript was written sometime between 1947 and 1958 recounts Armstrong's view of growing up in Knoxville in 1880s and 1890s. The dates of the account are 1885 through 1902.
- Armstrong, Anne Wetzell, 1872-1958 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The archives does not hold the copyright to this document nor does it have any information concerning the current copyright holder.
0.5 linear feet
Language of Materials
Roger Naylor, Mrs. Armstrong's grandson, gave the copy of the typescript to Dr. Hogan.
Method of Acquisition
The Anne W. Armstrong Typescript was placed in the Archives of Appalachia by Dr. Marshall D. Hogan on March 15, 1981.
Michael G. Shandor completed processing the collection and it was opened for research in June of 1981.
- Knoxville (Tenn.)--Intellectual life Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Knoxville (Tenn.)--Race relations Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Knoxville (Tenn.)--Social conditions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Knoxville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transportation--Tennessee--Knoxville Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Michael G. Shandor
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script