Leon McIntyre Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials related to McIntyre’s professional and personal interest in bluegrass music. The materials include correspondence, flyers, brochures, pamphlets, articles, photographs, cassette and reel to reel audio recordings, and memorabilia related to bluegrass bands, music festivals, the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA), "Bluegrass Unlimited," and WAMU radio station. The collection also contains McIntyre’s professional reference materials including discographies, record catalogs, instrument catalogs, encyclopedias, songbooks, music style books, cassette indexes, and band booklets.
- McIntyre, Leon, 1941-2011 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
This collection is arranged into eight series: Series 1: Private Papers; Series 2: Organization Papers; Series 3: Research Materials; Series 4: Reference Materials; Series 5: Oversized Materials; Series 6: Photographs; Series 7: Cassettes; Series 8: Reel to Reel.
- Bluegrass music
- Bluegrass music festivals
- Bluegrass music--Periodicals
- Bluegrass musicians
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Corporation records
- International Bluegrass Music Association
- International Bluegrass Music Museum
- Manuscripts (document genre)
- Music festivals
- Personal papers
- WAMU-FM (Radio station : Washington, D.C.)
- Michelle Fitch. Biography, Scope & Contents, and Series 6 updated by Jean Rushing July 2017.