Hoffman Family Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of three ledgers from a saddlery; correspondence; photographs; legal documents including deeds, a will, and property transfers; and ephemera related to the Hoffman Family in Jonesborough and Kingsport, Tennessee.
- Hoffman Family (Family)
- Hoffman, Aaron, 1804-1884 (Person)
- Skinner, Lavinia Hoffman, 1836-1924 (Person)
- Hoffman, Mary Ann Richardson, 1807-1884 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
2.00 linear feet
1.2 cubic feet consisting of 2 legal-size document boxes and 2 volumes. other_unmapped
1.00 linear feet
1.00 linear feet
Materials are arranged alphabetically by type. Materials within folders are arranged chronologically.
Physical Access Requirements
Copyright restrictions may apply.
Method of Acquisition
Judith Holland donated the papers on March 3, 2011. Accession 2011-009. The papers were found in the attic of a house in Kingsport, Tennessee that was being prepared for sale.
Processed by Sierra Maxwell in May 2014.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson City, Jonesborough, Washington County Economic Development Board, Inc.
- Kingsport (Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Saddlery--Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA