Whiting Lumber Company Records
Collection — other: Box 1
Scope and Contents
The Whiting Lumber Company Records contain correspondence, a copy of its certificate of incorporation, a signed copy of the purchase agreement between the Whiting and Tri-County Lumber Companies, minutes of the board of directors, letters of resignation, and blank minute-book forms. The bulk of the records document the incorporation of the Whiting Lumber Company, the purchase of the Tri-County Lumber, and the general operation and management of Whiting Lumber that eventually lead to its bankruptcy.
- Whiting Lumber Co. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.25 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Whiting Lumber Company Records were transferred to the Archives of Appalachia April 11, 1989 by Dr. Fred Borchuck, Director of Sherrod Library, after they were found in the basement of the ETSU library earlier that month.
J.Clark, M.Garrant, S.Schwartz. The collection was opened to researchers December 5, 1990.
- Bauer, William E.
- Coleman, Peter T.
- Wessels, Walter B.
- Whiting, William S.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logging Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lumbering--North Carolina Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Lumbering--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- North Carolina--Commerce Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee, East--Commerce Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tri-County Lumber Company
- Language of description
- Script of description