Adam Waterford vs. Isaac Baker Case Transcript
Collection — other: Box 1
Scope and Contents
The Waterford vs Baker transcript details a case initially filed by Adam Waterford in Hawkins County Chancery Court in Rogersville, Tennessee, in 1830. The case details Waterford's efforts to prevent Baker from both securing as payment for debts titles to lands held in trust by a third party, and from retaining possession of a slave previously owned by Waterford. The case began in 1830 and continued through 1841.
- Other: Date acquired: 1987-12-01
- Waterford, Adam (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The transcript is open for research.
0.25 linear feet
The Adam Waterford vs Isaac Baker Case Transcript was transferred to the archives by Fred Borchuck, Director of Sherrod Library, in December 1987. Borchuck found the transcript in a closet in his office.
Georgia Greer, Ed Speer, Marie Tedesco completed processing of the transcript in 1992.
- Baker, John
- Campbell, David, 1779-1859
- Orr, James
- Russell, Andrew, d. 1841
- Waterford, David
- Waterford, Walter
- Slavery--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tazewell County (Va.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee. Court of Chancery (Hawkins County)
- United States. District Court (Tennessee : Eastern District)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description