Weather Bureau Airport Station Reports
Scope and Contents
The Weather Bureau Airport Station reports collection consists of weather observation reports taken at the Tri-City Airport weather station at Blountville, Tenn., between 1938 and 1989. The reports provide basic climatological data such as high and low air temperatures, relative humidity, wind speed and direction, and precipitation recorded on a daily basis, as well as cumulative data such as monthly and annual climate averages and record temperatures and precipitation at the weather station.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
15.50 linear feet (16 boxes and 1 oversized folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Weather Bureau Airport Station Reports were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Tom Porter, National Weather Service, Tri-City Airport, Blountville, Tenn., on July 1, 1996.
Processing of the collection was completed by Ned Irwin, Jerri Hopkins, and David Littleford in 2003.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Meteorological stations--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tennessee--Climate Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Virginia--Climate Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Weather Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description