Ronald McConnell Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection contains information and a sound recording relating to the musical career of Doc Addington and Carl McConnell (Doc and Carl, The Virginia Boys). There are biographies and autobiographies as well as an article about the Carter Family with Chet Atkins and a second article about Chet Atkins. The sound recording is an audiocassette of four shows aired by WRNL Radio in Richmond, Virginia. The audiocassette was made by a man named A.C. Griffith from WRNL transcription disks that were retrieved from a Dumpster circa 2002.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply.
0.05 linear feet (in one folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Donated by Carl McConnell's son, Ronald McConnell, in 2003 and 2006, accession numbers 2003-019 and 2006-084.
Existence and Location of Originals
A.C. Griffith, who had the WRNL transcription disks in 2002, died in 2012 and the location of the disks is unknown.
The collection was processed by Jen Bingham in October 2014.
- Addington, Doc, 1913-1988
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Autobiography (genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Carter Family (Musical group)
- Carter Sisters
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sound recordings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Virginia Boys (Doc and Carl)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script