Watauga Historical Association Collection
Scope and Contents
Among the various types of documents are articles of agreement, bills of sale, bonds, declarations, depositions, indentures, indictments, interrogatories, inventories, judgments, list of jurors, minutes of the court, notices, oaths, orders, petitions, pleas in abatement, promissory notes, receipts, securities, recognizances, references and writs.
- Creation: 1796 - 1891
- Watauga Historical Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this material.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
Records are grouped by type of document.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Watauga Historical Association Collection was donated to the archives on November 27, 1980 by the association and was opened for research in March of 1981. The Tennessee State Library and Archives microfilmed the documents in 1987.
M. Tedesco completed processing, and the collection was opened to researchers in 1994.
- Holly Spring College (Butler, Tenn.) (Organization)
- Tennessee. Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions (Carter County) (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Bail -- Tennessee -- Carter County
- Judgements--Tennessee-Carter County
- Oaths--Tennessee--Carter County
- Pleading--Tennessee--Carter County
- Promissory notes--Tennessee--Carter County
- Receipts (Acknowledgements)--Tennessee-Carter County
- Subpoena--Tennessee--Carter County
- Summons--Tennessee--Carter County
- Suretyship and guaranty--Tennessee--Carter County
- Warrants (Law)--Tennessee--Carter County
- Writs--Tennessee--Carter County
- Language of description
- Script of description