Huffine, Denton, Scott, and Walters Families Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of family photographs ranging from portraits and snapshots to landscapes and cityscapes taken at home and abroad. Also included in the collection are 2 pieces of correspondence exchanged during WWII, a family bible, funeral registry book, newspaper clipping, and compilation of genealogical files prepared by Marion Huffine.
- circa 1860-1979, Undated
- Walters, Gregory N. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection beyond those of United States copyright law.
1.50 linear feet (1.5 cubic feet consisting of 3 document boxes)
1.50 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into 2 series; Series 1: Photographs and Series 2: Papers.
Method of Acquisition
Gift of Gregory Walters.
Photographs acquired 01/20/2006, accession 06-061. Gospel of John and New Testament Bible added 02/07/2011, accession 2011-042
Selena Harmon completed processing this collection in January 2014.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scott family
- Studio portraits Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tintypes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Walters family
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA