Fred Waskiewicz Collection
Scope and Contents
The Fred Waskiewicz Collection contains surveys, deeds, contracts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, financial records, engineering and bacteriological reports, land plats and maps. The collection documents operations of the Pittsburg Lumber Company, land and economic development in Carter County, Tennessee, and the Laurel Fork area of Carter County, Tennessee.
- 1906-1968, undated
- Waskiewicz, Fred (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.50 linear feet (1 document box, 4 oversized folders, 1 roll storage box)
Language of Materials
The materials are arranged by alphabetically by topic.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Fred Waskiewicz Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Fred Waskiewicz on November 19, 1997, accession 1997-079. He contributed additional materials in 2007 (accession 2007-010) and 2018 (2018-006 and 2018-023).
This collection was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in January 2007.
- Carter County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Laurel Fork Railway Company
- Logging--Tennessee--Carter County Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pittsburg Lumber Company
- Brianne Johnson
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note