Lost State of Franklin Drama Association Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 500-AppMs 768
Scope and Contents
The content of this collection revolves around the establishment of the Lost State of Franklin Drama Association and its business records. Included are numerous legal documents of incorporation charters, agreements, and contracts; finances and budgeting; site development; plays by Warren Robertson; correspondence; newspaper articles; and a seal. Also, the collection contains a great deal of research/resource materials of other outdoor dramas. The research conducted by the Lost State of Franklin Drama Association portrays how the association reached its economic goals, developed a design for the theater, and promoted the theater to the public.
- 1971, 1987-1992, undated
- Other: Date acquired: 2006-11-20
- Lost State of Franklin Drama Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research
The archivist created the arrangement of this collection due to its arrival without an original order. The arrangement of the collection is in one series of Business Records and includes one box and one oversized folder. The box follows an alphabetical arrangement by folder level with one artifact (a seal) located behind the other folders in both an envelope and a folder. The oversized folder follows an alphabetical arrangement by item level.
The Archives of Appalachia received the Lost State of Franklin Drama Association Records from Sue Henley on November 20, 2006.
Method of Acquisition
Gift of Sue Henley.
Megan Cottage, student assistant, began processing in January of 2013 and Michelle Fitch, graduate assistant, finished processing on April 3, 2013.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Political Plays, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee, East -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theater, Open-air -- Outdoor Theater Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Michelle Fitch
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note