Sherfey Family Genealogy
Collection — Box: J (Small Collections)
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of two photographs; the Sherfey Family genealogy, 1751-1963; a letter with information about Magdalena Sherfey; a photocopy of pages from a copybook; a photocopy of Magdalena Sherfey's "Record of Midwifery's Labor"; and a newspaper article about the Sherfey family in East Tennessee during the Civil War.
- Sherfey family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
0.05 linear feet (in one folder)
Method of Acquisition
Gift of Louise Alley, February 2008, accession number 2008-008.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original documents remain with the family.
Processed by Jen Bingham, December 2014.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies (histories) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Midwifery Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus