M. B. Vance Day Book
Scope and Contents
M. B. Vance's daybook provides a handwritten record of measurements of cord wood and cross ties for section 14 of the East Tennessee, Virginia and Georgia Railroad. The daybook records the date, individual's name, quantity and size of ties, and location for each transaction. The volume spans from May 31, 1870 to December 1, 1874.
- Vance, M.B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The M. B. Vance Daybook was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Mike Grover in February 1983.
J Shelton completed processing and the collection was opened in 1986.
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia Railroad Company
- Railroad ties Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note