Junior Order of United American Mechanics. Shell Creek Council, No. 183 (Tenn.) Records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains record books and papers relating to the Junior Order of United American Mechanics, Shell Creek (Tenn.) Council No. 183. These include 2 minute books, a roll book, membership records, quarterly reports, and State and National Council correspondence.
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of these materials.
1.50 linear feet (3 document boxes)
Language of Materials
Records are arranged alphabetically by subject.
Owned originally by Jim Fondren, a secretary of the Shell Creek Council. Upon his death, papers we stored on the property of James Howard Vance (grandfather of James Cornett).
Method of Acquisition
Donated by James Cornett in December 2009, accession #2009-094.
These records were processed by Sierra Maxwell in September 2013.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fraternal organizations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Junior Order United American Mechanics
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA