Student Activities Committee Records
Scope and Contents
The Student Activities Committee Records contain memoranda, proposed budgets, and lists of expenditures relating to student activities, including intramural athletics, music organizations (band, choir, etc.) theater, cheerleaders, ROTC, and student government. The records concern student honors and awards, such as Dean's List, Who's Who, various activity awards (art, music, theater, etc.), and financial support for student activities. The records span from 1962-1977 (James Loyd's term as chair of the committee). Minutes of meetings are not included; however, committee minutes dated after 1977 are filed with the Minutes of the Standing University Committees.
- East Tennessee State University Student Activities Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Records of the Student Activities Committee were removed from the University Archives' vertical file and accessioned as a record group on October 16, 1985. No record has been found of the date this material was placed in the vertical files.
Norma Thomas completed processing the collection in 1986.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- East Tennessee State University. Student Activities Committee
- Student activities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA