Sports Information Office Records
Scope and Contents
The Sports Information Office Records contain scoring summaries for basketball and football games and publications, including pamphlets, game programs, and press guides for the university's basketball, football, tennis, track, and golf programs.
The records date from 1964 to 1984, with the bulk of the material from 1970 to 1984. The dates for the scoring summaries are from 1978 to 1983, with the 1982 football summaries missing. The scoring summaries record play-by-play events in each game and the participation of individual players including position played, time in play, and action in each game.
- East Tennessee State University. Sports Information Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
2.00 linear feet (1 oversized folder, 4 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into two series: Series 1, Scoring Summaries, 1978-1983 and Series 2, Publications, 1964-1984.
Method of Acquisition
The records of the Sports Information Office were transferred to the University Archives on May 31, 1984 by John Cathey, director.
Two oversized poster/schedules of 1983-84 East Tennessee State University mens and womens basketball teams have been placed in the oversized accessions, Box A1.
1. 1983-84 Buccaneer Basketball, Schedule/Poster. 2. 1983-84 Lady Buccaneer, Basketball, Schedule/Poster.
M. Allen completed processing the collection in 1985.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- M. Allen
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA