Ruth E. Thomas Photographs
Scope and Contents
The Ruth E. Thomas Photographs depict campus scenes at State Teachers College, Johnson City, and rural scenes outside the campus.
- Thomas, Ruth E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Ruth E. Thomas Photographs were presented to Charles Sherrod, president of State Teachers College, Johnson City, in 1941. Sherrod's son, Howell, transferred the photographs to Larry Smith, East Tennessee State University photographer in 1986. Smith transferred the photographs to the archives at a later date.
Processing of the collection was completed by M.Tedesco in 1992.
- Botany -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roan Mountain (N.C. and Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- State Teachers College (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- State Teachers College (Johnson City, Tenn.)--Buildings
- Language of description
- Script of description