Rifle Team Records
Scope and Contents
Records in this collection date from 1969 to 1987 but most relate to the school years of 1977-86. Some planning materials for a post-1986 season are also included.
The collection contains records, programs, budgets, brochures, proposals, memoranda, letters, schedules, bulletins, and newsclippings. Some Subjects covered in this collection include ETSU Air Rifle Tournament, Buccaneer Invitationals, NCAA Championships, NRA Collegiate Sectionals, Recruiting, ETSU Letters Awards, ETSU Matches, John DUUS, West Point, Championship of the American, and ETSU Athletic Drug Policy.
- East Tennessee State University. Rifle Team (Organization)
4.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The files are organized in a single series and are arranged first chronologically by school year and then alphabetically by subject. Dates in parenthesis following folder descriptions indicate span dates for contents of folder. Two folders containing material covering several school years are placed in box 7 at the end of the records. These folders are as follows: Interdepartmental Communications, 1984-1986 and National Record Certificates, 1978-1985. Two scrapbooks are stored in an oversized box (#8).
Method of Acquisition
The records of the East Tennessee State University rifle team were transferred to the University Archives on June 10, 1986 by Paul Anderson.
C.Hardin and B. Davis completed processing the collection in November 1987.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- East Tennessee State University. Rifle Team--Records and correspondence
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shooting Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Shooting contests Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note