Office of the President Records: Interchanges with the State Board of Education/Board of Regents
Collection — other: Boxes 1-24
Scope and Contents
The Office of the President Records: Interchanges with the State Board of Education/Board of Regents contain copies of the minutes of the State Board of Education; annual and quarterly reports of the ETSU president's office to the State Board of Education and Board of Regents; and correspondence, resolutions, regulations, and reports relating to policies of the State Board of Education for state universities and colleges. The records reflect university relations with local governments and businesses; university operation including capital outlay, administrative policies, enrollment, student activities and conduct, and university government; and personnel policies, including faculty tenure, salary, and teaching loads. The records date from 1916 to 1981.
- Tennessee. Board of Regents (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
12.00 linear feet (24 boxes)
The records are divided into three series: Series 1, Minutes of the State Board of Education, 1925-1972; Series 2, Annual and Quarterly Reports, 1916-1981; and Series 3, Policy files, 1951-1972.
Method of Acquisition
The records resulting from the Office of the President Records: Interchanges with the State Board of Education/Board of Regents were transferred from the East Tennessee State University president's office to the University Archives in February 1984. Janice Randolph, administrative assistant, permitted the transfer. The records were opened for research in October 1985.
Accruals and Additions
On December 5, 1986, Betty Roberts transferred to the University Archives two photocopies of State Board of Regents' amended policies. Additional photocopies of minutes and reports will be added periodically. The files are arranged chronologically.
The University Archives Staff completed processing the collection 1985.
- Stimbert, E. C. (Elden Carl), 1908-
- College teachers -- Tenure
- College teachers -- Workload
- Corporation records
- East Tennessee State University--Employees
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty--Salaries, etc.
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- East Tennessee State University. Office of the President--Records and correspondence
- School enrollment
- Student movements
- Tennessee. Board of Regents
- Tennessee. State Board of Education
- Universities and colleges--Tennessee--Standards
- The University Archives Staff
- Language of description