Miss Buccaneer Pageant Records
Scope and Contents
The Miss Buccaneer Pageant Records consist of correspondence, newsclippings, applications, score sheets, receipts, event programs, and photographs primarily documenting pageant activities for the years 1984-88 and 1990. Information to be found in the collection include how contestants were scored, pageant publicity, and biographical information about contestants.
- ETSU Student Publications Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
An Archives staff member must review these materials for sensitive information before access can be granted. Please allow two business days lead time when requesting material from this collection.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The processed records are arranged chronologically by date of pageant and then alphabetically by subject.
Method of Acquisition
The Miss Buccaneer Pageant Records were donated to the University Archives by Lise Cutshaw, advisor to student publications, ETSU, on August 27.
Accruals and Additions
Greg Walters contributed three VHS tapes of Miss Buccaneer pageants in 2005 and nine envelopes of photographs in 2012.
N. Irwin completed processing the collection in 1997.
- Beauty contests -- Tennessee -- Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- Miss Buccaneer Pageant, Johnson City, Tenn. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA