Miscellaneous University Records
Scope and Contents
The Miscellaneous University Records includes documents which focus primarily on student life and events on campus, 1911-1986. Included, for example, are the following: materials on the 1947 and 1948 tennis teams; personal letters written by and to students; information on the university's mascots; and audio tapes of lectures given on campus and of interviews of university personnel and/or former students; cafeteria tickets, football, and passion play tickets, 1936-48; and a September 1995 proclamation by ETSU President Roy S. Nicks celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Women's Suffrage.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.50 linear feet
Language of Materials
Folders are arranged alphabetically by title or description of contents. Audio tapes are included in Box 1.
Method of Acquisition
The Miscellaneous University Records consists of a variety of materials which relate to the history and functions of East Tennessee State University. Individuals separately donated many of these materials. Other materials have been donated anonymously or have been found in the library. For separate donations, the names of donors have been noted in the folder list.
NON-MANUSCRIPT MATERIALS Five 8 x 10 black and white prints of East Tennessee State College tennis team players have been removed and placed in the University Photographic Archives.
Marie Tedesco completed processing the collection in 1989, and Ned Irwin revised the collection in 1997.
- Loy, Harvey G.
- Reed, John Shelton
- Smith, Delle Dulaney, 1882-1955
- Tiffany, David Miller, 1942-
- Williams, Frank Broyles, 1913-
- Yoakley, Ina
- Alther, Lisa
- Blaustein, Richard
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University--Mascots
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- East Tennessee State University--Tennis
- East Tennessee State University. Center for Appalachian Studies and Services
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ross, Ella V. (Ella Virginia), 1902-1991
- Language of description
- Script of description