Department of Military Science Collection
Scope and Contents
The Department of Military Science Collection consists of 41 World War II era Johnson City, Tenn., newspapers describing military operations between 1943 and 1945; three publications about the ROTC Camp Adventure/Camp Challenge held in 1986, 1991, and 1992; and 11 black and white photographs related to the ROTC flag ceremony outside Brooks Gym in 1999 and 2000. The collection documents both activities of the university’s ROTC unit as well as that unit’s interest in World War II military history.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
3.00 linear feet (2 boxes, 11 black and white photographs)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Publications, 1943-1992; and Series 2, Photographs, 1999-2000.
Method of Acquisition
The Department of Military Science Collection was donated to University Archives by Darlene Cole, Executive Aide, Department of Military Science, ETSU, on September 22 and October 26, 2005.
The collection was processed by Kirk Hrivnak in April 2008.
- Johnson City Press-Chronicle (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps
- World War, 1939-1945--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description