Lucy Repass McPherson and Grace Repass Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
The Lucy Repass McPherson Collection consists of materials from three scrapbooks, only one of which is intact. Materials from Grace Repass’ scrapbook date from 1939 to 1948. These materials include personal correspondence from friends and family members and correspondence, ephemera, newsclippings, and programs relating to her membership in the Order of the Eastern Star as well as her activities in the United Service Organization, the Jonesboro Presbyterian Church, and the Washington County, Tennessee Republican Party.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
2 linear feet
Language of Materials
Materials are ordered first by the scrapbook creator, then alphabetically by subject and/or format.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Lucy Repass McPherson donated her scrapbooks on August 13, 1986, accession 1987-007.
M.Gates, L.Yeary, and S.Schwartz completed processing the collection in 1992. Jessica Newell reprocessed the collection in September 2017.
- Alpha Delta Pi Sorority. Gamma Phi Chapter (East Tennessee State University)
- East Tennessee State College
- East Tennessee State College. Training School
- Order of the Eastern Star
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pi Sigma Sorority (East Tennessee State College)
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description