Department of Communication Records
This collection includes audio of student-conducted interviews with people involved in the communications field in the Tri-Cities area; student-authored biographical reports on people connected to East Tennessee State University; and photographs of campus, students, and faculty in the 1980s.
- East Tennessee State University. Department of Communication (Organization)
2.25 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The biographical sketches about the people for whom campus buildings are named were given to the University Archives by Jerry Hilliard on May 15, 1985. The material was opened for research in September 1986.
Additional material was donated by Dr. Jack Mooney on June 28, 2010 (Acc. 246.01) and by Dr. Mary Alice Basconi on May 8, 2012 (Acc. 246.02).
J. Shelton processed the folder of biographical sketches in 1986. Nathaniel Skaggs processed the audio and photographs in October 2015.
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Compact discs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA