Edith Keys Papers
Scope and Contents
The Edith Keys Papers consist of a scrapbook containing drawings, pictures, and bulletin board exhibits which document Key's activities as the public relations person for the East Tennessee State College's Sherrod Library. In addition, there is correspondence, memoranda, teaching tools for freshmen orientation, and a reference card index documenting Keys involvement with patron education and reference activities for the Sherrod Library. Records date from 1950 to 1981, though the majority of the documents date between 1951 and 1953.
- Creation: 1950-1981
- Creation: Majority of material found in 1952-1968
- Keys, Edith (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers were opened for research on September 25, 1990.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
This collection is divided into two series: Series I, Radio Script and Scrapbook Materials, 1950-1953 and Series II, Memoranda, Library and Reference Materials, 1960-1980. Series I contains a radio script detailing the history of college library from 1911-1950, as well as a scrapbook with pictures, drawings, and exhibits of bulletin boards that illustrate the architectural layout and specific locations of important reference collections within the Sherrod Library. Series II contains correspondence, lesson plans, notes, and reference materials documenting Keys' activities as a supervisor of students, reference librarian, and educator. In addition to these materials, there is a card file used by Keys to quickly locate specific reference materials.
Method of Acquisition
The papers of Edith Keys were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on March 15, 1988 by Edith Keys.
S.Schwartz, A.Cunningham, and A.Kilgore completed processing the collection in 1990.
- Bramlett, Christopher Lewis, 1938- (Person)
- Sherrod, Charles C. (Person)
- Walters, Edward M. (Edward Mayes), 1944- (Person)
- Honaker, L. Scott (Lombe Scott)--Friends and associates (Person)
- Sherrod Library (Organization)
- Borchuck, Fred Paul, 1934- (Person)
- Smith, Hal H., 1918-2002 (Person)
- Stahl, Ray, 1917-2003 (Person)
- S. Schwartz, A. Cunningham, and A. Kilgore
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note