School of Graduate Studies Records
Scope and Contents
The School of Graduate Studies Records contain general incoming and outgoing correspondence and memoranda, financial documents, committee minutes, reports, newsclippings, and photographs relating to the graduate office's operation and interaction with professional organizations and campus departments and offices. The records also include departmental files which focus on curricula requirements, recruitment of students, enrollment, and accreditation. Materials relating to students include test scores (access restricted, as noted above) and information on graduates' careers.
- Majority of material found within 1970 - 1983
- East Tennessee State University. School of Graduate Studies (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research, excluding Box 4.
5.00 linear feet (4 boxes, 30 photographs)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The records of the East Tennessee State University School of Graduate Studies were transferred to the University Archives in September of 1983 by permission of Elizabeth L. McMahan, dean of the School of Graduate Studies.
NON-MANUSCRIPT MATERIAL: Twenty-eight photographs of masters' graduates and two photographs of NIOFA (Indian Grants) students were placed in the University Photographic Archives under the heading: Graduate Studies, School of.
The University Archives Staff processed the collection.
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Loyd, James W. (James Walter), 1921-
- McMahan, Elizabeth Lovell, 1921-
- American Council on Education
- Beller, Ronald E.
- College students -- Recruiting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conference of Southern Graduate Schools
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Culp, Delos Poe
- DeRosier, Arthur H.
- East Tennessee State University--Accreditation
- East Tennessee State University--Curricula
- East Tennessee State University--Graduate work
- East Tennessee State University. College of Medicine
- East Tennessee State University. School of Graduate Studies--Records and correspondence
- Health education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tennessee. State Board of Education
- Women in education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description