East Tennessee State University Earth, Trees, and Seeds University Garden Club Records
Scope and Contents
The Earth, Trees and Seeds University Garden Club Records consist of scrapbooks, accounting records, event programs, correspondence, membership lists and applications, bank statements, photographs, and newsclippings documenting the horticultural activities of the garden club between 1954 and 1991.
- Earth, Trees, and Seeds University Garden Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection was opened to researchers on November 25, 1992.
2.50 linear feet (5 boxes, 17 scrapbooks, 2 oversized folders)
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into three series: Series 1, Organization Records, 1954-1991; Series 2, Scrapbooks and Memorabilia, 1963-1985; and Series 3, Miscellaneous Publications, 1979-1991.
Method of Acquisition
The Earth, Trees, and Seeds University Garden Club Records were donated to the University Archives on February 28, 1984 by Mrs. Doris Dean, garden club secretary. Additional materials were donated on April 27, 1989, December 11, 1990, and September 17, 1991 by Mrs. Betsy Russell and Mrs. Rosalie Russo, past secretary and president of the garden club.
C.Lamb, J.Stinson, S.Schwartz completed processing the collection in 1992.
- Millar, Glen L., Jr., Mrs.
- Phillips, Hooper, Mrs.
- Pike, Dorothy
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gardening -- Tennessee -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson City Council of Garden Clubs
- Landscape protection Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tipton-Haynes State Historic Site (Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- C. Lamb, J. Stinson, S. Schwartz
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA