Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Records document operations of the department, especially regarding areas of instruction in home economics and activities of the department’s student organization, the Student Member Section of the Tennessee Home Economics Association and American Home Economics Association.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
14.25 linear feet (15 boxes, 1 photographic print, 68 photographic slides)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Scrapbooks and Publications, 1949-1990; and Series 2, Photographs and Slides, undated.
Method of Acquisition
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences Records were transferred to University Archives on September 23, 2005 by Trillis McKee, executive aide in the department.
Mary Dykes processed the collection, which was opened for research in October 2007.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Slides (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description