Faculty Senate Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The Faculty Senate Records consists of meeting agendas, minutes of meetings, committee reports, correspondence between senate members and university personnel, subject files, audio cassette recordings of senate meetings, and copies of the organization's bylaws and constitution. The records document the operations of the organization, primarily for the period 1975-97, with some preliminary documents earlier than this period. Information in the records concern tenure and promotion, grievance procedures, curriculum development, budget recommendations, salaries and benefits, and revision of senate bylaws, among other issues.
- East Tennessee State University. Faculty Senate (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
4.00 linear feet
The records are arranged into four series as follows: Series 1, Administrative Records, 1953-74; Series 2, Minutes and Related Records, 1975-97; Series 3, Subject Files, 1970-79; and Series 4, Recordings, 1977-93. Box numbering begins again with each series.
Method of Acquisition
The Faculty Senate Records were donated to the University Archives in May 1985 by Frank B. Williams, Jr., a professor in the Department of History at East Tennessee State University. The records were given to Williams by Keith Turkett, former president of the Faculty Senate. Later copies of the minutes have been received regularly by the archives.
Tira Neal and Ned Irwin processed the collection.
- Odom, James L.
- Turkett, A. Keith
- Academic librarians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers -- Tenure Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers -- Workload Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty
- East Tennessee State University. Academic Council
- East Tennessee State University. Faculty Organization Committee
- East Tennessee State University. Faculty Sub-Council
- Grievance procedures Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nicks, Roy S.
- Tira Neal and Ned Irwin
- Language of description