George N. Dove Papers
Scope and Contents
The George N. Dove Papers were accumulated during Dove's tenure as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at ETSU. Included in the papers are correspondence, committee reports, graduate assistantship contracts, memoranda, minutes, newsclippings, and evaluation forms.
The papers reflect the interaction between the dean's office and the various departments of the university. Along with the usual administrative duties, the dean often arbitrated differences between school personnel, listened to student grievances, made curriculum decisions, and evaluated departmental chairmen. Significant subjects in the papers are curriculum proposals, reviews of departmental chairmen, renewal or non-renewal of faculty contracts, and student enrollments.
- Dove, George Naff, 1913-2003 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Materials containing information about individual students have been removed and are restricted in accordance with the Educational Privacy Act. These items are placed at the end of the record group.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The George N. Dove Papers were transferred to the University Archives by Earl Wade, acting dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. The transfer occurred on June 28, 1983.
- College department heads Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers -- Rating of Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University--Curricula
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Universities and colleges--Departments Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description