Tennessee Survey of Higher Education Collection
Scope and Contents
The Tennessee Survey of Higher Education Collection includes correspondence, memoranda, reports, and survey material compiled during a campus-wide study of the state's higher education program as it related to East Tennessee State College. material covers the period 1955-1972 but is predominately for studies during the period 1955-58 and 1960-62.
- Majority of material found in 1955-58 and 1960-62
- State's General Assembly (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
3.50 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into four series, as follows: Series 1, Correspondence and Memoranda, 1955-68; Series 2, ETSC Survey Committee Operations, 1955-58; Series 3, Reports of the ETSC Survey Committee to TSHEC, 1955-58 and 1962; and Series 4, Survey Reports of ETSC Survey Committee, 1955-58 and 1960-62. In some cases, these series are further arranged into sub-series as noted under Series Description.
Method of Acquisition
The Tennessee Survey of Higher Education Collection was deposited in the University Archives November 1978. Prior to this date, the collection had been stored in the Special Collections Department of the Sherrod Library of East Tennessee State University.
The University Archives Staff completed processing the collection and Scott Schwartz revised the guide in 1989.
- Barksdale, James Alton
- Beasley, William M.
- Butterfield, Mondel Ely, 1900-1972
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Kirksey, Howard Graden, 1910-
- Williams, Frank Broyles, 1913-
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jennings, Joe
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Universities and colleges--Tennessee--Administration Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- University Archives Staff; Scott Schwartz
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA