Arthur DeRosier Inauguration Collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The collection documents the planning, organization, and events involved in the inauguration of Arthur H. DeRosier, Jr., as ETSU's fifth president in April 1978 and the celebration of the Appalachian region and Appalachian studies that he wanted to see the university embrace and serve. The collection includes correspondence, congratulatory certificates and letters, newsclippings, memoranda, brochures and other printed ephemera, photographs, newspaper negative sheets, and audio and video recordings of inaugural week events that included the formal inauguration, concerts, public lectures, the on-campus annual meeting of the Council on Appalachian Women, Inc., and an arts, crafts and music festival.
- DeRosier, Arthur H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
5.75 linear feet
The collection is organized into five series as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1978 and undated; Series 2, Scrapbook, 1978; Series 3, Audio-Visual Recordings, 1978; Series 4, Newspaper Negative Sheets, 1978; and Series 5, Photographs, 1978.
Method of Acquisition
The Arthur DeRosier Inauguration Collection was placed in the archives by Inaugural Committee member Mary Manning, Department of English, on December 14, 1982.
Ned Irwin and Jamee Roberts completed processing and the collection was opened for research in May 2001.
- American literature -- Southern States -- History and criticism
- Appalachians (People) in literature
- Council on Appalachian Women (Mars Hill, N.C.)
- DeRosier, Arthur H.
- East Tennessee State University -- History
- East Tennessee State University -- Presidents
- East Tennessee State University--Presidents
- East Tennessee State University. Institute for Appalachian Affairs
- Personal papers
- Publications (document genre)
- Ned Irwin and Jamee Roberts
- Language of description