Delta Kappa Gamma Records
Scope and Contents
The Delta Kappa Gamma records document the activities of this organization of professional female educators in their effort to promote educational improvement and career development. The material in this collection covers the period 1937, when the local chapter was organized in Johnson City, Tenn., until 1995. The records include charters, bylaws, minutes, membership directories, meeting agendas, convention programs, miscellaneous printed material, photographs, histories of the national, state, and local organizations, and scrapbooks.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
10.00 linear feet (18 boxes, 23 photographs and slides, 7 scrapbooks)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into three series as follows: Series 1, Administrative Files, 1966-1995 and undated; Series 2, Publications, 1947-1994 and undated; and Series 3, Scrapbooks, 1937-1991.
Method of Acquisition
The Delta Kappa Gamma Records were donated to the University Archives initially by Joan C. Dressel, chapter president, on November 4, 1980, with additional materials being donated on April 12, 1991, May 12, 1992, June 15, 1995, and November 20, 1995.
Ned Irwin and Jamee Roberts completed processing and the collection was opened for research in May 2001.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society. Xi State (Tenn.)
- Education -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Slides (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women educators Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA