Thomas Nance Daniel Photographs
Scope and Contents
The photographs in this collection depict a number of subjects, including World War II, Appalachian landscapes, events, individuals, and buildings at ETSU, and portraits.
- Daniel, Thomas Nance, 1911-1980 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Thomas Nance Daniel Collection was transferred to the archives on behalf of the Office of University Relations by Tom Daniel on March 16, 1979. The original donation included over 200,000 primarily black and white photographic prints and negatives mainly of East Tennessee State University. The ETSU prints and negatives have been incorporated into the University Photographic Collection (Accession 66).
M.Tedesco completed processing the collection in 1991, and N.Irwin processed the addition in 1996.
- Culp, Delos Poe
- Daniel, Thomas Nance, 1911-1980
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- East Tennessee State University--Bands
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- Grandfather Mountain (N.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic buildings -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shelbridge (Johnson City, Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- M.Tedesco and N. Irwin
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note