Office of University Relations Records
Scope and Contents
The photographic materials, produced by the university photographer, were removed from this collection and were placed in a separate collection, University Photographic Collections, accession No. 66. The films and videotapes created by the Sports Information Office, a small department within University Relations(1) were accessioned as a separate collection, Sports Information Office Records, accession No. 217.
(1) In 1993 Sports Information became part of the Intercollegiate Athletics department.
- 1913 - 1986
Conditions Governing Access
101.50 linear feet (57 records cartons, 30 manuscript boxes, 5 3x5 card file boxes)
4.00 Sound recordings
Method of Acquisition
1. Alumni Media Luncheon, Tom Garland, 10/22/85. 2. Faculty Conference, Dr. Beller, 8/19/85. 3. Homecoming 1985, Proclamation ceremony, 10/23/85. 4. Student Government Association Meeting, November 5, 1985/Faculty Conference, November 6, 1985.
Additional audio tapes relating to ETSU's 75th anniversary and Tennessee Homecoming '86 are filed with these two collections (acc. 264 and acc. 265).
- Baccalaureate addresses -- East Tennessee State University
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- College athletes
- Corporation records
- East Tennessee State University -- History
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- Press releases
- Publications (document genre)
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- N. Thomas, K. Workman, and S. Schwartz
- Language of description