University School Records
Scope and Contents
The University School Records contain correspondence, memoranda, bank statements, purchase requisitions, photographs, recommendations, and enrollment lists. The papers document the general administrative operation of the University School from 1947 to 1952 and the functioning of the school's parent support group, the University School Parent-Teacher Association from 1955 to 1993.
- 1947-1993 and undated
- University School (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research. The summer school grades (May 1950-September 1950) that were included with these records have been restricted and removed from this collection. They have been placed in the case file.
5.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The records are organized into two series: Series 1, Administrative Files, 1947-1952 and Series 2, Parent-Teacher Association Records, 1955-1993 and undated.
Method of Acquisition
The University School Records were transferred to the University Archives by Sam Humphreys, principal, February 10, 1989.
Accruals and Additions
An addition consisting of Parent-Teacher Association records was donated on June 1, 2000 by school officials and incorporated into the existing collection in May 2001.
Scott Schwartz, M. Garant, A. Cunningham, and A. Kilgore completed processing the collection in 1990.
- Alexander, Philip Wade
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Loyd, James W. (James Walter), 1921-
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- East Tennessee State College. Training School
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Education Week Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reading--Remedial teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ross, Ella V. (Ella Virginia), 1902-1991
- Sherrod, Charles C.
- Student teachers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers--Insurance requirements Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Teachers--Training of Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scott Schwartz, M. Garant, A. Cunningham, and A. Kilgore; Ned Irwin and Jamie Roberts
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note